Dominique Ochin is the chef of the thalassatherapy Serge Blanco, on the French Basque Coast, in Hendaye.
Today, he suggests us a very light recipe, perfect to impress your lover for a dinner… to celebrate the beginning of Summer and the return (finally !) of a nice weather.
Stuffed zucchini flower, vinaigrette with subtle tomato aroma
2 servings :
6 zucchini flowers (200 g)
20 g mushroom cubes
20 g onion cubes
20 g leek cubes
20 g de celery cubes
20 g zucchinis
20 g carots
10 coriander leaves
2 tablespoons tomato juice
1 lemon juice
1 teaspoon olive oil
Salt, Espelette pepper
- Sweat the vegetables with a teaspoon olive oil so that they remain crunchy : the onions first, then after one minute the leeks. After another minute, add the mushroom for one minute.
- Season and add the crushed leaves of coriander.
- Take the carots, the celery and the zucchinis. Make balls with a spoon. Cook them in boiling salted water : first the celery, then the carots after 2 minutes, the zucchinis after one minute. Cook 2 more minutes and refresh.
- Make the vinaigrette with tomato juice, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and Espelette pepper.
- Stuff the zucchinis with the vegetables and let them steam for 90 seconds.
- Cut the zucchini flowers in 3 parts.
- Put them harmoniously in a big plate, pour vinaigrette around them and decorate with chervil.
Enjoy your meal !
And if you try the recipe, please let us know what you think about it !